A rite of passage is an official ceremony or informal activity which marks an important stage or occasion in a person's life. This is my rite of passage into the world of running.

Monday, July 14, 2008

Back in the ... Skate?

With Friday and Saturday off, Phil and I were ready to go on Sunday. We skated the full 5 miles in 39:30 - a 30 sec improvement from our last time. So, even though it kicked my ass, it was a great skate. Phil, the overachiever, decided 5 miles just wasn't good enough so he did the 5 miles again. He did it in just under 30 mins, which sorta ticked me off, but whatever. There was no possible way I could skate the path again, so I just meandered down the path and ended up walking roughly 2 miles.

Tonight we are going to walk, I believe. I've been thinking pretty seriously again about doing a few twice-a-days during the week. Phil challenged me a long time ago that if I got to my goal weight - 140lbs - we could have kids. I never really took him seriously and therefore never took weight loss seriously. But he mentioned it again last night and I think I really need to be serious about this. I want kids. More than anything. And if this is the only way to prove to him how serious I am, well then doggonit, I'll do it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home