A rite of passage is an official ceremony or informal activity which marks an important stage or occasion in a person's life. This is my rite of passage into the world of running.

Monday, July 7, 2008

In-line Skating

When Phil and I first married, we purchased some very nice in-line skates for me. I've used them off and on over the past few years, but never consistently, mostly for fear of landing face first on the pavement or breaking my wrists. Well, Phil absolutely loves in-line skating and he is very good at it. Fortunately for me, he is also very patient.

Saturday and Sunday we went 5 miles on this nice rail trail in Kentwood. I must admit it was rather enjoyable, even though there were times I was sure I'd go headlong into an oncoming vehicle. We are going to go again tonight and hopefully every night the weather is fair.

Not to get ahead of myself, or anything, but I also mapped out a jogging path behind my house. It's an easy loop of 1.6miles. So the hope is I could start walking it then eventually bump up to walking one loop and jogging a second loop. We'll see, no promises or commitments. Just trying to get in shape. I managed to lose about 15lbs then promptly gained it all back. Yeah, I suck. So here's hoping I do better this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home