A rite of passage is an official ceremony or informal activity which marks an important stage or occasion in a person's life. This is my rite of passage into the world of running.

Friday, July 11, 2008

Breaks are good, too

Well, we skated on Wednesday night, to my chagrin. I had hoped we would go for a walk, but the weather was sunny and warm so Phil wanted to skate. Wow, were we both exhausted. I thought forsure we were going to kill our 40 minute time from Tuesday and take at least 45 mins. Fortunately, I was wrong. It was nice to know that, even though we were both tired and struggling to keep up, we managed to match our 40 minute time. Hooray!

We took last night off, Phil had "team-building" for work (aka free beer) so he wasn't up for it. I was tired anyway, so after 5 straight days of working out, it was nice to take a break.

Tonight we'll go for a skate on the trail. I'm not sure what we'll do tomorrow, we are going to Mike and Sam's wedding (hooray!) in the evening. Should be good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home